Dundas is an individual detached house which originally dates from 1936 and has been extended over the years to create a substantial residential property which has recently been refurbished internally and provides excellent and well proportioned accommodation refitted to a high standard. The house stands in a substantial plot of just under 4 acres within a ring fence including immediate formal gardens, paddocks and an area of copse. In addition there is a detached double garage and office, tractor shed, external laundry room and games room.
On the ground floor the property is approached through an attractive glazed entrance porch with an 'L' shaped hallway and a downstairs shower room. There are three generously proportioned reception rooms with a feature open plan live in family kitchen. On the first floor there are four bedrooms, the master bedroom having an en suite bathroom, walk in wardrobe and balcony enjoying stunning views. The second bedroom has an en suite shower room with the other bedrooms served by a newly refitted family bathroom.
On the outside there is a detached external laundry room, a former goat house provides a games room or party room with an external gardeners WC and a detached double garage and attached office together with a tractor shed to the rear. The land lies to the west and north of the house in a series of paddocks with an area of copse on the northern boundary. The land has a secondary access from Stockwood Vale.
The property is situated on Stockwood Hill on the western outskirts of the town of Keynsham. The amenities of Keynsham High Street are under a mile away which includes a railway station and at a similar distance there is access to the A4 and A4175 Bristol Ring Road at Hicks Gate Roundabout. Bristol City Centre is approximately 4 miles away and Bath under 10 miles. Bristol Airport is 11 miles to the west. This is an accessible sought after residential location benefitting from a rural feel.
Internally the property has oak finished doors, ceiling mounted downlighters and oil fired central heating.
In fuller detail the accommodation comprises (all measurements are approximate)Ground Floor
- Entrance Porch
- 3.30m x 2.0m (10'9" x 6'6") - Composite double glazed entrance door with double glazed windows and feature top light windows. Tiled floor, glazed inner door to'L' Shaped Hallway
- Tiled floor, cloaks cupboard, boiler cupboard with Worcester oil fired combination boiler. The original entrance is to the front of the property and comprises a studded entrance door with leaded coloured glazed leaded side windows and a porch beyond with double glazed doors to the outside. A staircase provides the approach to the first floor and features a glazed balustrade and oak finished hand rail.Shower Room
- Internal double obscure glazed window, tiled floor and half tiled walls. White suite with chrome finished fittings comprising wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin with mixer tap set in vanity unit with built in storage, fully tiled shower enclosure with independent shower. Heated towel rail.Sitting Room
- 5.50m into bay x 4.60m into bay (18'0" into bay x - A room flooded with natural light, double glazed bay windows to front and side aspects Attractive brick fireplace with open grate.Family Room
- 7.70m x 3.60m (25'3" x 11'9") - Double glazed windows to front and rear aspects and double glazed french doors leading to the rear terrace.Dining Room
- 4.90m into bay x 4.90m into bay (16'0" into bay x - Double glazed bay windows to front and side aspects, attractive arch doorway.Large Live In Family Kitchen
- 7.10m x 5.8m (23'3" x 19'0") - Tiled floor, full width double glazed lantern light with feature lighting, double glazed windows to two aspects and six panel double glazed aluminium framed bi-fold doors leading to a decked terrace and garden beyond. The kitchen is fitted with an excellent range of new gloss white units in a contemporary style providing drawer and cupboard storage space with black granite work surfaces and upstands. Inset one and quarter bowl sink unit, built in induction hob with adjacent wok hob with canopied extractor hood above. Integrated microwave, double oven and grill. Space for American fridge/freezer, integrated dishwasher. An island unit with drawers and cupboards has an overhanging work surface providing a breakfast bar. Low level and feature lighting is provided and double glazed door leads to a paved terrace.First Floor
- Access to roof space.Bedroom
- 4.0m x 3.70m (13'1" x 12'1") - Double glazed french doors leading toBalcony
- 7.10m x 1.80m (23'3" x 5'10") - Enjoying stunning views across open countryside and a timber pergola.Walk In Wardrobe
- Light pipe and fitted shelving.En Suite Bathroom
- Double glazed window with lovely views. Tiled floor and tiled surrounds. White suite with chrome finished fittings comprising suite of Jacuzzi bath, wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin with cupboard beneath and fully tiled over size shower enclosure with thermostatic shower. Heated towel rail.Bedroom
- 4.60m into bay x 4.m (15'1" into bay x 13'1") - Double glazed bay window to front aspect and double glazed window to the side. Built in wardrobe (included in measurements).Bedroom
- 5.0m into bay x 4.80m (16'4" into bay x 15'8" ) - Double glazed bay window to front and side aspects, fitted storage cupboards (included in measurements). Radiator.Dressing Room
- 2.70m x 2.10m (8'10" x 6'10") - Double glazed window to front aspect. LVT flooring.Bedroom
- 3.30m x 2.60m plus 2.70m x 3.0m into bay (10'9" x - Two double glazed windows to rear aspect and double glazed bay window to the side.En Suite Shower Room
- Double glazed window to side aspect. Tiled floor and half tiled walls, heated towel rail. White suite with chrome finished fittings comprising low level wc, wall hung wash hand basin and fullly tiled over sized shower enclosure with thermostatic shower head.Family Bathroom
- Double glazed bay window to side aspect. White suite with chrome finished fittings comprising wc with concealed cistern, twin wash hand basins with mixer tap and drawer storage beneath and bath with side mounted filer tap. Fully tiled shower enclosure with thermostatic shower. Heated towel rail.Outside
The property is approached from Stockwood Hill through electrically operated double gates leading to a sweeping driveway which provides extensive parking and turning facilities, adjacent to which is aDetached Double Garage
- 5.90m x 5.70m (19'4" x 18'8") - With twin electric roller entrance doors and power and light connected. The garage has a boarded loft and fitted storage units. A sliding double glazed door links to theAttached Office
- 8.0m x 2.30m (26'2" x 7'6") - Double glazed door to the outside and double glazed windows to the side aspect. LVT flooring, electric radiators and power and light connected.Detached Former Goat House
- 4.60m x 3.90m (15'1" x 12'9") - Which provides a games or party room. Double glazed windows, power and light and drop down aluminium ladder leading to a storage loft. Adjacent to the goat house is an external gardeners WC.Detached External Laundry Room
- 4.30m x 3.10m (14'1" x 10'2") - Composite double glazed entrance door and double glazed window. Stainless steel single drainer sink unit with electric hot water heater. Fitted wall and floor cupboards with rolled edged worksurfaces, plumbing for automatic washing machine and ample further appliance space.
The property enjoys a superb setting within gardens and grounds which are approaching 4 acres. Adjacent to the house are formal gardens laid to lawn with a number of trees and flower and shrub borders. To the south east of the house is an area of extensive lawn with post and rail fencing, conifer hedging and oak and horse chestnut trees. Within this area there are three timber sheds. Steps lead to an area with a secluded paved patio with a timber greenhouse. The driveway is flanked by lawned gardens and lying immediately to the rear of the house is a timber decked terrace and a larger paved terrace both enjoying a south westerly aspect. Paddocks lie to the west of the house in three main enclosures with post and rail fencing and a separate vehicular access leading from Stockwood Vale. The third paddock on the gently sloping site is planted with a variety of trees which provides a delightful setting for a woodland walk with stunning views across Stockwood Vale.Agents Notes
- The property has mains water and electricity and oil fired central heating. An alarm and CCTV security system are included.Tenure
- FreeholdCouncil Tax
- According to the Valuation Office Agency website, cti.voa.gov.uk the present Council Tax Band for the property is G. Please note that change of ownership is a 'relevant transaction' that can lead to the review of the existing council tax banding assessment.