The property comprises a substantial semi detached building originally dating from the 1930's set in a commanding position on Englishcombe Lane with views across the City and surrounding countryside to the front. The property has been recently refurbished to include a loft conversion and now provides a self contained retail unit on the ground floor (which is fully let) with a large well appointed four bedroom maisonette on the first and second floors. The retail unit has a forecourt to the front and there is additional parking in the form of a driveway to the side of the building providing space for several vehicles while there is a large mature rear garden with possible long term development potential (subject to obtaining consents).
The maisonette is the size of many three bedroom semi detached homes and offers bright and spacious accommodation including a living room with double doors leading onto a balcony at the rear of the building, a well appointed kitchen/dining room and four bedrooms, two of which have en suite shower rooms, the others being served by a family shower room.
Englishcombe Lane is a well regarded location on the southern slopes of Bath, some 2 miles from the City Centre. The location benefits from a good amount of passing trade and serves a densely populated local community. The location is such the maisonette enjoys some fine views across The City and surrounding countryside.
In fuller detail the accommodation comprises (all measurements are approximate):Ground Floor
- Retail Unit & Hairdressing Salon (Fully Let)
- 5.27m x 5.13m to max (17'3" x 16'9" to max) - Double glazed shop front and entrance door, radiator, short flight of stairs toKitchen/Preperation Aroom
- 4.76m x 1.72m plus 2.08m x 2.26m to max (15'7" x - Lobby
- Double glazed window to side aspect. Radiator. Connecting door to Salon.Claokroom/Wc
- With wc and wash hand basin.Hairdressing Salon
- 3.31m x 3.95m (10'10" x 12'11") - With separate access from the rear of the building via a timber framed double glazed door. Double glazed window overlooking the rear garden. Radiator.Small Kitchenette
- Wall mounted Worcester gas fired combination boiler and work surface.
Please note the retail unit and salon are let and the sale does not effect the current business as the property is being sold subject to the lease.Maisonette
- Ground Floor
- Solid uPVC entrance door to the side of the building with double glazed fan light above leading toEntrance Lobby
- Deep shelved storage recess/cupboard with double obscure glazed window and fitted shelving. Staircase rising toFirst Floor
- 'L' Shaped Landing
- Radiator. Staircase to second floor.Living Room
- 3.95m x 3.66m (12'11" x 12'0") - Double glazed window to side aspect and double glazed French doors leading to a balcony at the rear of the building. Picture rail, radiator, corniced ceiling.Covered Balcony
- 4.20m x 1.10m (13'9" x 3'7") - Running the full width of the building at the rear with timber balustrading overlooking the rear garden.Kitchen/Dining Room
- 3.72m x 3.0m (12'2" x 9'10") - Double glazed window to side aspect. Picture rail, ceiling mounted downlighters, radiator, wall hung Vaillant gas fired combination boiler. The kitchen is furnished with a range of modern wall and floor units providing drawer and cupboard storage space with contrasting work surfaces and surrounds. Inset stainless steel one and a quarter bowl sink unit with mixer tap. Built in four ring hob with stainless steel canopied extractor hood above and eye level double oven. Space for washing machine, tumble dryer and fridge/freezer.Bedroom
- 3.83m x 3.37m (12'6" x 11'0") - Two double glazed windows to front aspect with views across the City and surrounding countryside. Radiator.Bedroom
- 3.79m x 2.21m (12'5" x 7'3") - Double glazed window to front aspect with views across the City and surrounding countryside. Radiator, picture rial.Shower Room
- 2.66m x 1.49m (8'8" x 4'10") - Double glazed window to side aspect, heated towel rail. White suite with chrome finished fittings comprising low level wc and wash hand basin with mixer tap and tiled splashback with cupboard beneath. Large fully tiled shower enclosure with thermostatic shower head.Second Floor
- Velux double glazed window.Bedroom (Front)
- 5.67m to max x 3.38m (18'7" to max x 11'1") - Double glazed velux roof window, radiator, sloping roof lines and far reaching views. Ceiling mounted downlighters, Access to undereaves storage.En Suite Shower Room
- Double glazed velux window. White white with chrome finished fittings comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin and wet walled shower enclosure with thermostatic shower head.Bedroom (Rear)
- 3.97m x 2.34m (13'0" x 7'8") - Double glazed velux window to side aspect with roof top views. Sloping roof lines, access to undereaves area. Radiator.En Suite Shower Room
- Double glazed velux window to side aspect. White suite with chrome finished fittings comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin and wet walled shower enclosure with thermostatic shower head. Heated towel railOutside
To the front of the shop there is a forecourt area with a driveway to the side providing off street parking for several vehicles.Large Rear Garden
- Immediately to the rear of the property is a part covered patio area, beyond which the garden is laid to lawn with a number of trees and shrubs. In conjunction with neighbouring gardens the plot at the rear could have some long term development potential (subject to obtaining necessary consents).Tenure
- The property is freehold and being sold subject to the lease on the ground floor.Rental Potential
- We understand the ground floor is let on a commercial lease for a term of 5 years from July 2022 at a rental of £12,000 per annum (paid monthly). There is a mutual break clause determinable on notice after July 2025.
The maisonette would in our opinion let as a single unit at a figure in the order of £1500 - £1600 per calendar month unfurnished, but would have a significantly higher rental if an HMO licence could be achieved, Interested parties should make their own enquires in this regard although we are advised subject to provision of fire doors etc it could be possible to obtain a licence. Used as an HMO and with the ground floor let a substantial income in the order of £50,000 per annum could in our opinion could be achievable.
Applicants are advised to make their own enquiries as regard to the rental potential of the property and to satisfy themselves of the achievable rents.Business Rates (Ground Floor)
- Current rateable value (1 April 2017 to present) £5,300Council Tax (Maisonette)
- According to the Valuation Office Agency website, cti.voa.gov.uk the present Council Tax Band for the property is B. Please note that change of ownership is a 'relevant transaction' that can lead to the review of the existing council tax banding assessment.Energy Performance Certificates
- Maisonette EPC C 71
Shop EPC E 106
Copies of the certificates are available on request.