Green Farm is an attractive attached period house with elevations in stone beneath a tiled roof. The property is originally comprised two adjoining cottages converted to form the Farmhouse and has been extended over the years to provide quality accommodation which is beautifully presented and versatile. The property is approached through an entrance hall where there is a downstairs cloakroom/wc, there are multiple reception rooms including a sitting room with Jetmaster fire, dining room, family room, a large inner hallway, double glazed conservatory and superb live in kitchen with a separate utility room.
To the first floor there are four double bedrooms, the main bedroom suite has a walk in wardrobe and en suite shower room while the second bedroom also has an en suite shower room with the remaining bedrooms being served by a beautifully appointed luxury family bathroom.
The house is approached with double gates providing the approach to a private driveway allowing ample off street parking with a large double garage. Adjacent to which is a useful additional room presently used as a home office but equally suited as a gym or games room. There is a delightful raised terrace and courtyard area to one side of the driveway which provides an ideal area for outdoor entertaining as well as a south west facing level lawned rear garden with vegetable plot and a timber summer house.
Farmborough is a popular village location with a great community atmosphere. It has a community shop, parish church, community hall, playing fields as well as hairdressers, village pub and garage. There is a Co-Operative convenience store at nearby Marksbury and the Towns of Keynsham and Midsomer Norton are within easy reach for a wider range of amenities.
The Cities of Bristol, Bath and Wells are within easy commuting distance, the well regarded primary school is close by and the property falls within the catchment area of Norton Hill Secondary School which is served by a school bus. The village also has an excellent Facebook page - Farmborough Folk.
In fuller detail the accommodation comprises (all measurements are approximate):Ground Floor
Panelled entrance door with double glazed window leading toEntrance Hall
- Covered radiator, double glazed window to front aspect with exposed stone wall.Cloakroom/Wc
- Tiled floor and half panelled walls. Double obscure glazed window to front aspect. White suite with chrome finished fittings comprising low level wc and corner wash hand basin.Inner Hallway
- 4.86m x 3.28m (15'11" x 10'9") - Large enough to be considered as a reception room in its own right. Double glazed window to front aspect, covered radiator and exposed ceiling beams, wall mounted uplighters and a staircase rising to the first floor.Sitting Room
- 5.0m to max x 4.09m (16'4" to max x 13'5") - Dual aspect with double glazed windows to front and rear with window seats. Exposed ceiling beams. Attractive stone fireplace with timber mantle and Jetmaster grate flanked by shelved alcoves. Deep shelved cupboard. Television cupboard with storage beneath. Covered radiator, feature ornamental staircase (disused).Dining Room
- 4.75m x 3.77m (15'7" x 12'4") - Double glazed window to front aspect with window seat, radiator, shelved recess.Conservatory
- 3.66m x 2.85m (12'0" x 9'4") - uPVC framed and double glazed with leaded coloured top light windows and a polycarbonate roof. Terracotta tiled floor, french doors to garden.Family Room/Snug
- 4.81m x 3.06m (15'9" x 10'0") - Double glazed window to side aspect, attractive tiled floor, radiator, downlighters.Live In Family Kitchen/Dining Room
- 6.25m x 5.03m plus bay (20'6" x 16'6" plus bay) - Very much the heart of the home. The kitchen has a double glazed bay window overlooking the courtyard and driveway with built in corner bench seat as well as a further double glazed window to the rear aspect. It is furnished in an extensive range of cream coloured shaker style wall and floor units providing drawer and cupboard storage space with black granite work surfaces and up stands and tiled surrounds. Inset double Belfast sink with pillar tap, pull out storage baskets, integrated microwave and dishwasher, Rangemaster 110 cooker with extractor hood above. Matching dresser unit with glazed cupboards, open shelving and covered radiator. Wine rack, tiled floor and ceiling mounted downlighters.Utility Room (Included In Kitchen Measurements)
- Tiled floor, door to outside, plumbing for automatic washing machine and further appliance space, wall mounted Worcester gas fired boiler.First Floor
- Main Bedroom Suite
- 6.53m x 5.04m (21'5" x 16'6") - Comprising:Bedroom
- Double glazed windows to side and rear aspects, wall lights, radiator.Walk In Wardrobe (Included In Measurements)
- Fitted hanging rails and shelving.En Suite Shower Room (Included In Measurements)
- Double obscure glazed window. Ceiling mounted downlighters and extractor fan. White suite with chrome finished fittings comprising low level wc, wash hand basin with mixer tap set in vanity unit with cupboard beneath and tiled surrounds. Fully tiled shower enclosure with rain head thermostatic shower. Chrome finished heated towel rail, tiled floor and shaver point.Bedroom
- 4.95m x 3.35m (16'2" x 10'11") - Double glazed window to front aspect, radiator. Deep walk in cupboard (excluded from measurements).En Suite Shower Room (Included In Measurements)
- LVT flooring with underfloor heating. White suite with chrome finished fittings comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap and tiled splashback and fully tiled shower enclosure with electric independent shower. Extractor fan.Bedroom
- 4.03m x 3.42m (to max) (13'2" x 11'2" (to max)) - Double glazed window to front aspect. Built in shelved cupboards (excluded from measurements). Access to loft space. Radiator.Bedroom
- 4.09m x 3.75m (13'5" x 12'3") - Double glazed window to front aspect, radiator. Bank of wardrobes to one wall (excluded from measurements).Luxury Family Bathroom
- 3.81m x 3.06m (to max) (12'5" x 10'0" (to max)) - Double glazed window. Tiled floor with underfloor heating. Chrome finished towel rail and ceiling mounted downlighters. The bathroom is furnished with a beautiful suite in white with chrome finished fittings comprising low level wc, wall hung wash hand basin with mixer tap and drawer storage, free standing bath with floor mounted mixer tap and shower attachment and fully tiled shower enclosure with rain head thermostatic shower.Outside
- The property is approached from The Green by a shared driveway which leads to double gates which provide the approach to the private driveway for Green Farm. This allows ample off street parking for a number of vehicles. to one side of the driveway lies aLarge Double Garage
- 6.91m x 5.35m (22'8" x 17'6") - Electric up and over door, power and light connected and storage loft. Adjacent to the garage is aHome Office/Gym
- 4.38m x 4.34m (14'4" x 14'2") - Wall mounted electric heaters, suspended ceiling, walk in store cupboard (included in measurements). Connecting door to garage, door and window to front. There is also a timber sauna included in the sale.
To the other side of the driveway is a delightful sheltered paved terrace and courtyard style garden with a shrubbery providing an ideal area for outdoor entertaining as it is adjacent to the kitchen. A gated access leads to a
Good size enclosed rear garden which has a south westerly facing aspect and comprises an extensive paved terrace with a timber arbour to one side and outside power and water. The majority of the garden is laid to lawn with a number of trees together with a vegetable plot and timber summerhouse.Tenure
- The property is freehold.Council Tax
- According to the Valuation Office Agency website, cti.voa.gov.uk the present Council Tax Band for the property is E. Please note that change of ownership is a 'relevant transaction' that can lead to the review of the existing council tax banding assessment.